There has been a real dearth of red carpets lately thanks to the ongoing coronavirus situation, so thank goodness for Friday’s (July 31st 2020) BAFTA TV Awards.
Held both in London and virtually, there was glamour aplenty for this year’s ceremony to celebrate the best small screen stars and all our favourite shows.
As ever, we were eagerly watching the jewellery that was on display – and we weren’t disappointed. Interestingly, gold statement earrings seemed to be the hottest trend for 2020, with many of the leading ladies opting to wear this metal tone to attend in person or in their own homes.
Among our stand-out looks included:
- Stacey Dooley in an early-90s-style black fishtail dress, accessorised with multiple gold earrings in each ear for a delicate yet avant-garde finish (we’ve already talked about #earparty on these pages)
- Best Supporting Actress Naomi Ackie in cerise, perfectly set off by an elegant gold rope chain and hoop earrings
- Jodie Comer in a glorious multi-coloured dress in her back garden. She opted for stunning gold and pearl earrings in a hypnotic swirl shape, which really updated these otherwise classic staple items
- Suranne Jones and Gbemisola Ikumelo, both sporting big gold hoop earrings and black and gold dresses
- Aisling Bea in black and white polka dots with a delicate gold bracelet and – we’re spotting a pattern here – gold and pearl unusual-shaped earrings.
It just goes to show that while you might be able to take the opportunity to meet up en masse away, you can’t remove a celebrity’s determination to show up looking fabulous.
If you want to get your hands on your own lookalike costume jewellery, we have stacks of great accessories here at Majique, including our own unusual pearl and gold-toned earrings.
We also love this braided gold-tone chain collar necklace, which we think is a dead ringer for Naomi’s.
Why not take a look, treat yourself – and host your own virtual party, complete with bling?